Marketing Director (Req. # 13-03)
This position is responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Bank?s marketing strategies, branding, website, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal.
The position of Marketing Director reports to President and CEO which requires by nature of the superior?s position, involvement with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgment and confidentiality.
Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as, all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Bank?s image, branding and position within the marketplace and the general public.
- Responsible for designing and development of Bank website and social media including branding, social media incorporation, mobile accessibility, all content and copy accuracy for bank and community levels.
- Responsible for identifying and developing new products and services for the bank.
- Responsible for collateral materials including advertisement, flyers, brochures, etc. Coordinate the appearance of all Bank print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc. for consistency of brand.
- Look for CRA (Community Reinvestment Act) opportunities to incorporate into the Bank?s marketing strategies.
- Act as the Bank?s liaison with the media. Coordinate media interest in the Bank and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests other than official comments which should be directed to the President.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist branches in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities. Provide counsel to branches and other departments on marketing, communications and public relations.
- Regularly conducts relevant market research and monitors trends and competitor activities. Ensures products, services and fees are relevant and competitive.
- Coordinates De novo activities and branch openings, including liaison with local community leaders, press releases, advertisements, etc.
- Identifies growth opportunities within our market for branches and loan production offices.
Planning and Budgeting
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/ public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Recommend short- and long-term Bank goals and objective. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations and use this information to help the Bank operate with initiative and innovation.
- Work with senior management, branch staff and others to develop and maintain a strategic perspective, based on marketplace, bank direction, and programs and services.
- Help make sure that the Bank?s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the bank.
- Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Bank?s key customers and staff regarding the quality of programs and services and the Bank?s relevance.
- Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Bank.
- Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
- Manages the Community Relations Coordinator.
- Manages external vendors and acts as liaison with advertising agency and media.
- Bachelors or post graduate degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the "green" technology industry.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic planning, analytical, and personal sales skills and abilities.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and evaluating personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience in designing website, advertising, marketing campaigns, writing press releases, making presentations and working with media.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
- Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Self-motivated team player with ability to work independently in a team environment and can build partnerships within the organization.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and excellent business presentation skills.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
We offer an exciting work environment, highly competitive compensation and benefits packages, and a whole lot of fun to boot! If you meet the qualifications specified, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary history to email@example.com. Be sure to reference the job title in the subject line. We will contact you if your qualifications meet the requirements of the position. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and, if hired, able to verify legal right to work in the United States.
Please no recruiters, agencies, third-party agents or consultants - only direct applications from candidates. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Housing Lender